ASailorsMistress


Monday, June 21, 2010

The Beginning...

Hello all, My name is Alisheau. I am engaged to an amazing man named David. He is currently a Petty Officer 1st Class in the United States Navy. I never understood the military life until I fell for this man. Now a days my life is like a fairy tale. He is my prince, and Im his Cinderella. ((except that Cinderellas Prince never got deployed))..
David & I met...by fate, by chance, maybe destiny. We were living in 2 different states, 800 Miles apart. If ever I had a doubt that we were meant to be, I would just think back to how perfectly everything fell together for us and know, He's my soulmate
A very good friend of mine, my roommate at the time, decided that she wanted to get back with her [x], who was in the Navy, stationed at Norfolk Naval. In August of 08 she moved out of our house and made the long trip from Indiana to Virginia to be with the [x]. He soon deployed and my friend was left in Virginia, as so many of us start out, alone. My friend came home to Indiana for the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays of 08. She stayed with me most of the time, and we joked a lot that I should pack up my things and run away to Virgnina with her. She told me her then bf had introduced her to a friend of his and that he would be perfect for me. I of course said, "You're Crazy". She gave me his number, and gave mine to him. We started out with a just a few long phone conversations, then started the texting day in and day out. We talked for hours about any and everything. Never in my life, before him, had I felt like I missed someone so much that I had never even met. In December of 08' David took New Years leave and called to tell me he decided to drive to Indiana during leave and meet me. ((We also made plans for him to take my friend back to Virginia with him, so she didnt have to fly home with all of her daughters new christmas presents)) My heart sank into my stomach, I was so excited. I tried to control it over the phone of course, but I think we both knew the other was incredibly nervous, excited, etc. I will never forget December 26, 2008. He was truely the GREATEST Christmas present a girl could ever get.
I had my reservations about packing up my life, and 2 kids, to move 800 miles away from the ONLY place I had ever called home, but from the moment I met him, I knew I couldnt live apart from him((& he agreed =))).
I moved to Virginia in Febuary of 09' and stayed with my friend while David was underway. When he got back we got a place together, let things settle down and then my kids came from their fathers to be with us in Virginia. David deployed in April of 09'.
I admit, our relationship was rushed, crazy, spur of the moment, dive right in. We put an ENORMOUS amount of faith and trust in one another from the VERY beginning. Looking back I wouldnt change a thing. The timing, the place, the people, it was all perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment