ASailorsMistress


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Where do I begin?

I originally planned on my next blog post being about My Wedding Day, but that will not be the case because there is more that I need to rant and rave about before we can go back to the happy place. Where do I even start to explain this one? Tracy & I met in kindergarden, she has literally been my best friend all my life. She has an older sister and a younger brother that I consider nothing less than my own. She called me today to tell me that Scott, her..OUR Younger Brother had been arrested. I freaked, instant reaction. He is 15, freaking 15. As the story goes on, He stabbed someone. From hearing this, Im not sure what to think. He is not the kind of boy that walks around talking about stabbing people for the hell of it because he thinks he sounds cool. So Im thinking..why? The situation--A few blocks from his house at 3am, a couple of boys pull up in a truck with things like Brass Knuckles, Baseball Bats, ect. & start the fight. Being in Virginia I have not seen him, but from Tracys description he is pretty messed up himself from them hitting him, at some point in this Scott stabbed one of the boys twice. (Once in the shoulder blade, once in the kidney). I will add that the boy Scott stabbed is 17, several inches taller than him, and carrying a baseball bat. I have no choice than to believe that he stabbed him in self defense. Hes a Baby..Hes my little brother. He wouldnt do this for a thrill.
Now, Scott is the only one sitting in Juvi awaiting to start trial on Tuesday. While the one boy is out running free and the second is laying in the hospital. Let me just say, I do NOT feel sorry for this little bastard. I am not a completely cold hearted bitch so Ill explain that a little. These boys have been "picking on" Scott for about 6 months now. Starting fights, breaking out Moms dining room window, the cops have been called and the wonderful police officers of Clay County say, "We have no physical proof that it was these boys. There is nothing we can do." Our local police department is full of a bunch of low life pricks who should be locked up themselves, or at the least their children are the scum of Brazils streets and should be locked up. So this boy that is laying in the hospital, I have no pity for. There were only a few choice ways for this situation end, and by not acting his age and gaining a little self respect, atleast enough to stop picking on a 15 year old, he choose this ending. I am not ignorant and I am in no way saying that what Scott did was right! I do not know why he had the knife in the first place and that question will be answered soon enough, but I 100% believe that he USED IT in self defense.
I am ...partially numb about this whole situation. He's just a baby, He should not have a reason to feel like he needs to carry a knife, he shouldnt have to worry about being jumped in this backwoods, worthless, hell whole of a town. I remember when his biggest problem in the world was that Scooby Doo wasnt on Tv when he wanted it to be. =((. I feel so helpless, although I know even if I were there I couldnt do anything for him. He should be home with his mom, studying, playing video games. Why do kids grow up so fast?  Why is fighting such a big part of life? What does it prove? Whyyyyyy
I hate today, in so many ways. I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment